27 May 2013

A little catch up...










 









 

Today I am having a lie in, I am normally a morning person, but today I am finding it hard to get going.  I have been thoroughly spoilt with breakfast in bed, Grandpa's favourites as they are know in our house (cornflakes) and my breakfast mug (a very large Cath Kidston mug) full to brimming with hot tea.  I think the first cup of tea of the day is the very best, do you not agree?

It's been a busy few days and I must confess, the Grand Plan had gone a little out of the window, far too many hours have been spent working.  I have however been making huge efforts on the cooking front.  Some of the highlights this week has been slow cooked roast lamb, followed by home grown stewed rhubarb and Cottage pie with a Colcannon topping..yum!  As we speak, Andy is making Bolognaise sauce for tonight's supper. 

Also on the home front, my son Jamie went on his first cub camp.  He took with him a fleecy blanket to wear around the campfire, on to which, on the morning of the camp, I sewed, rather hastily, his old beaver badges. His lovely Auntie Alison is a guide commissioner and has one with all her badges sewn on, so he was very keen to carry on the tradition.  It did seem very strange him being away and despite a few tears at bed time, (him not me!) he had a fabulous time and can not wait to go again.  

On the work front, I have been busy making a cake bunting wholesale order.  I can tell you lots of teeny flags have been cut and hand stitched over the last few days.  On Friday I was treated to a fly by, by the Dakota from the BBMF.  We are extremely privileged to have these wonderful parts of our history flying overhead throughout the year.  My favourite has to be the Lancaster, I can not describe the noise of the engines, you aways hear it first and every time we run from one side for the house to the other to watch it fly over.  It is the most amazing site, even more poignant with the recent 70th anniversary of the Dambusters.

The kits are coming along nicely and I am on target to go live the first week in June, when the children have gone back to school.  I found myself doodling Christmas ideas the other evening.  Personally I am a traditionalist and I love red and off white together, I would love to know what your favourite Christmas colour scheme is, please do share!!  I have now drafted the first pattern and can not wait to get stitching.

Ok so I really must get up now and enjoy the day...the sun is finally shining!!  Have a lovely Bank Holiday.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it really does make my day! If you have a question, please do ask away and I will do my very best to answer. Sarah xo

Update July 2020: Unfortunately, due to a large increase in spam and inappropriate comments, I have turned on 'Comment Moderation', so your comment will not appear immediately. My apologies for this!

© A Little Happy Place | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig